Saturday, June 4, 2011

Veggie Burger

2 c of Chickpeas
4 eggs
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 handful cilantro, chopped (I didn't put this in)
1 handful parsley, chopped
1 c whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 c tofu, drained & mashed
Sea salt & Ground Pepper to taste
4 T oil

Put beans & eggs in food processor and blend (not until smooth-you want the bean texture). Combine all other ingredients and mix well. Form 4-6 patties. Place in fridge for an hour or so. Heat the oil in a skillet & fry patties for 5 min on each side. Mine fell apart really easy, but were SO tasty! I put on a bun with veganaise, feta, & spinach.

I do not cook my chickpeas. I place them in the fridge overnight, in a tupperware full of water. They are ready to go the next day.

Chipotle Mayo:
1 c veganaise
1/2 t chipotle puree

Blend veganaise & chipotle chilies in Adobo Sauce until smooth. I didn't try this yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment