Sunday, December 19, 2010

Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate and Toasted Almonds

1 1/2 C. quinoa, uncooked
3 C. water
1/2 C. scallion greens, rinsed & sliced into thin rounds
1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley
1 C. pomegranate seeds
1 -2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
1/2 C. toasted, slivered almonds
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 t. red wine vinegar
1 t. sugar (or agave nectar)
salt & pepper to taste

1. Bring water to boil. Add quinoa. Cover and simmer until water absorbed. About 10 min. Allow to cool. (I cook quinoa in my rice cooker using same measurements and works perfect!)
2. Combine scallions, parsely, pomegranate and avocado in large bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine vinegar, oil, sugar in small bowl and mix until well blended. Toss with pomegranate mixture.
4. Add quinoa and toss well unitl mixed evenly. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
5. Top with toasted almonds just before serving.

I skipped the parsely because I didn't enjoy its texture. I eat leftovers straight from fridge. Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good! I saw Pomegranates at the store on sale a week ago, but wasn't sure what I would do with it... Great idea!

    ReplyDelete